Friday, June 29, 2012

mommy and daddy

The last nine days have been a whirlwind and feel more like three weeks. As exhausting as the sleepless nights have been, Izzy is well worth it. One of the strangest things has been adjusting our thinking to being parents. There's no more quick running an errand or making definite plans. I still find myself surprised to be a mother. It's not just something we're trying out for a few weeks. Being a mom will define and change me for the rest of my life. It's crazy to think of her growing up and becoming her own person. Right now she's so tiny and I just want to freeze time and keep her that way. But I also look forward to hearing her first word (mama of course), seeing her learn to walk and play, and all those other milestones. I know time is going to fly.

One of the best things this week has been seeing how easily and quickly Isabelle stole her daddy's heart. Before she arrived, Nate really wasn't sure how he'd feel. I mean, they pretty much sleep, poop, and eat for the first several weeks so it doesn't sound too exciting. He's also never been big on other people's kids. However, the first time he held Izzy you could tell he was taken. He's protective of her and does a great job at soothing her when she's fussy. He's even figured out the whole cloth diaper thing which is truly impressive. He's going to be a great dad :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment