Saturday, June 14, 2014

Snapshots of the last year

I didn't realize how ridiculously long it's been since I posted on here! Here's a bullet point update on our life since last May:


  • I quit my job and went back to school in May to finish my MBA.
  • June 20, Izzy turned one and we got to celebrate with a bunch of family and friends!
  • October 13, I finished my MBA in HR, but we had no time to celebrate because...
  • October 4, we closed on our first home! A three bedroom townhome that had a distinctly 1970s feel which we are step by step removing :)
  • October 13, we moved everything in with the help of tons of friends, my dad, and my grandpa.
  • October 16, Nathan left for two weeks in China...and I began the task of unpacking with a toddler tornado underfoot.
  • November 26, I can no longer say that I'm sick or just exhausted and finally take a pregnancy test. It turns out I was already five weeks along (denial anyone?)
  • December 25, we hosted our first Christmas at our house! Connie and Dave and Kayla and Chris were all able to make it so we had a full house! 
  • February 18, we found out it we're having another girl. Can't wait to meet our Eleanor Grace!
  • May 26, Izzy graduated to a real toddler bed! Cannot believe this kiddo will be two in six days. It's amazing to watch her grow and learn and see her (very strong) personality come out.
  • Mid-late May, I FINALLY got some energy back and suddenly realized that we are WAY behind on house projects and I'm totally unprepared for a second child...time to kick it in gear! Since then, we've painted the dining room, redone a buffet table I found at a yard sale, finally installed thresholds in two doorways downstairs, and a ton of smaller projects and organizing. Oh and we were given a piano!
Ok, I think that covers the major events :) Here's some pics.


Izzy's first birthday-cake smash


Our first meal at our house


Christmas at our house-sharing the news of baby with the ultrasound pic



Izzy and I sliding while visiting Grandmama and Granddaddy at Easter


Our family Easter Sunday


Izzy's first trip to the strawberry patch-she loved every messy bite!


Izzy's unsuccessful night in a crib converted to a toddler bed. 


A much more successful night in her new (to her) bed with a rail and bear of course.


Izzy being domestic in the middle of all my house projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment